MS 400M Product Overview
The MS 400M Third Generation Software Defined Modem (3G SDM) is a standalone unit intended for strategic and maritime data communications. The MS 400M offers a comprehensive range of narrowband and wideband waveforms and the latest 3G ALE protocols making it the most flexible product or choice for high-performance, beyond line-of-sight data communications using HF, V/UHF transceiver equipment.
3G ALE is the best choice for interoperating advanced HF data and voice services, especially in adverse channel conditions. It is currently required for BRASS Enhancements Increment One Target Architecture (BREITA).
3G Network & 3G Link Setup
The MS 400M offers advanced 3G ALE for HF networks (based on STANAG 4538), in the form of Fast Link Setup (FLSU). FLSU is a fast scanning link setup protocol for Packet, Circuit (legacy modem) and Voice links, using very robust HF burst waveforms (BW).
Both synchronous and asynchronous link setups are supported. Call and traffic frequencies can be the same or separate. Various HF voice radios can be controlled automatically.
Using a 3G ALE network with multiple frequencies offers a much higher level of connectivity compared to using a legacy 2G ALE network.
3G ALE provides the following benefits over 2G ALE:
- Faster link setup times
- Linking at lower signal-to-noise ratios
- Improved network channel efficiency
- Improved management of traffic types
- Link setup for packet data (xDL) modems
- Circuit link controller for STANAG 4539 modems
Features & Benefits:
- Standards compliance – MIL-STD and STANAG
- High Data Rate HF, VHF & UHF Modems
- DTE port – EIA 530A Synchronous/Asynchronous
- Remote control interfaces – Serial and Ethernet
- Local configuration & control – Menu-drive
- GPS unit built-in & I/F – for ALE time (Link Prot.)
- 3G (FLSU) & 2G ALE
- Automatic channel selection
- Listen before transmit & Channel history
- Individual, Group and Network call
- Linking Protection
- Automatic hand-off to modem
- 3G Packet data option – LDL & HDL
- Wideband HF Data Modem - G/W up to 24 kHz
- Field hardened waveform Performance
- Works with RC66-MS S5066 ARQ
Secure Synchronous Data
The MS 400M provides a secure data system where data is routed through an external link crypto to the synchronous DTE port.
3G Packet Data
The MS 400M offers error free data delivery, under a variety of HF channel conditions, by using 3G ALE and the built-in ARQ protocols.
The High-rate Data Link protocol (HDL) provides superior throughput for larger packets under good to fair HF channel conditions, while the Low-latency Data Link protocol (LDL) provides superior throughput for smaller packets, and superior throughput for larger packets under fair to very poor HF channel conditions.
The MS 400M offers 3G ALE configuration and control via the front panel menu interface.