Mesa Secure Acquisitions, LLC (MSA), is a leader in the development, production, and management of C5ISR systems for use in the global defense and high-reliability non-defense markets. MSA has an immediate opening for a Director, Business Development and Operations.
The successful candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical acumen, big-picture vision, and initiative in order to thrive in an independent, high-performance environment.
The Director, Business Development and Operations will be responsible for strategic business growth, key account management, opportunity capture, business forecasting, and other related business development functions. He or she will be part of a dynamic, high-performance Business Development team covering sophisticated electronic systems in military and industrial applications. The candidate will be required to deeply understand the defense acquisition process, including especially the acquisition process of the U.S. Navy.
Additionally, the Director, Business Development and Operations will be required to work with or lead cross-functional teams across all areas of the company, other companies or organizations, and the Government (both civilian and military), including: operations and programs teams to convert orders to sales, engineering project teams to define product release requirements, and senior leadership to define go-to-market strategies and overall messaging for the product line. He or she must be comfortable working in often intense, fluid environments that require firm diplomacy.
Other specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for contributing to the development of marketing & business development strategy
- Management of a business development portfolio (accounts) & programs, including post-execution program management leadership or support
- Execution of approved business development plans
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to key partners
- Participation in development of forecasts & revenue planning
- Participation in design review, program review and stage gate process
- Input into the product line life cycle
- Trade Show planning & attendance
- 5+ years of Product Marketing, Business Development / Operations experience in a high-technology sector
- Experience with the U.S. Department of Defense FMS and related channels, with particular interest in support of allied maritime forces
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in achieving business growth objectives with minimum management oversight
- Qualified candidates must have excellent written and verbal communications skills with experience managing small teams, setting business growth objectives and achieving results
- U.S. Citizenship is required; the applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university or commission as field-grade officer in the United States armed forces
- This position may require substantial domestic and periodic international travel
- Position will be based in San Diego and report to MSA President based in San Diego, CA.
Mesa Secure Acquisitions, LLC is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.